KT1500U THRIFTY INTERMEDIATE KIT / 3-LIGHT 1500 TOTAL WATT KIT WITH UMBRELLAS
3-LIGHT 1500 TOTAL WATT KIT WITH UMBRELLAS
Available on backorder
Achieve studio-quality results with this 1500 watt, 3-point lighting system from Smith-Victor
You can achieve studio-quality video production or still-images with our umbrella-soft, 3-point lighting system, which includes:
• 3 12 in. Hand-Spun Aluminum Reflectors
• 3 Socket & Cordsets with 5/8 in. Stand Mounts
• 3 Raven RS8 8 ft. Aluminum Light Stands
• 3 ECT 500-Watt 3200K, continuous (always-on) Photoflood Lamps for wysiwyg lighting
• 3 UM-6 Umbrella Mounts
• 2 32 in. White Umbrellas
• 1 Imaging with Light Guide
One of the secrets to great lighting is the 3-point lighting technique used by all the pro’s. Basically it means:
- Using a strong “key” light, predominantly lighting one side of your subjects face/body (left, right, it doesn’t matter)
- Then, a weaker “fill” light on the other side (1/2 to 1/3 as much light) achieved by moving the fill-light back farther than the key-light achieving he infamous 3:1 lighting ratio on their face
- And behind, a “rim” or “back” light set at low power in back your subject, a couple feet above their head. Use this to outline your subjects head/body with light, creating separation from the background–one of the most important pro-lighting techniques.
Take it up a notch with our VARIABLE WATTAGE DIMMER and take full-control of the coveted “3-to-1” lighting ratio (or any other lighting ratio) in your 3-point lighting system without having to move your lights backward or forward on your model.
At Smith-Victor we are dedicated to helping you achieve the highest-quality studio-lighting at affordable prices!